With the recent outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19, it’s a confusing time for many who are considering travel. Regardless of the destination, many travelers are confronted on what to do in terms of their long-awaited spring and summer plans. Here at Incredible Adventures we are monitoring the situation closely, but plan to run operations as normal by continuing to provide customers with a safe and reliable way to visit the great outdoors.
It’s important to stay informed and do your part to reduce risks to yourself and others especially when planning on traveling to San Francisco during COVID-19. Here are four ways to make the most of your visit to our beautiful city while protecting yourself and others.
Take precautions as recommended by the CDC and WHO
It doesn’t matter where you might be traveling, it’s important to take all the necessary precautions to keep yourself and others healthy. Currently, the CDC recommends:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
As you can see there are many simple ways to protect yourself and others from the spread of the virus during travel as advised by official health organizations. Please visit the below links for the most updated information:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel by the CDC
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) travel advice by WHO
Stay home if you’re feeling unwell
It’s never been more important to remember to stay home if you are feeling unwell and/or exhibiting symptoms. Regardless of if you plan on sightseeing solo or joining one of our tours, we appreciate your cooperation in reducing the spread of any kind of virus. We are currently recommending the same for our guides and staff and will be continuing to provide clean and sanitized vehicles.
If you’re in San Francisco and are looking for a location to get a flu shot, visit SFCDCP for locations and fees.
Visit those attractions that would typically be too busy or crowded
With many large companies advocating their staff work from home and with many large conferences postponed, there is one silver-lining to visiting San Francisco over the coming weeks and months– it will be a lot less crowded. Typically, San Francisco is brimming with tourists and business travelers but now is the perfect time to take advantage of the fewer crowds. Get those picture-perfect photos of our streets without people in them, snag a seat on our historic street and cable cars or obtain that last-minute reservation at one of our many famous restaurants.
Don’t forget about tickets and tours either. While typically sold out far in advance, now may be the perfect time to get coveted Alcatraz tickets. Bundled with one of our tours, you’ll also be able to see the best of the Bay Area in a short amount of time. Additionally, this may be the perfect time to get some fresh air and visit our National Parks without the usual crowds. Muir Woods National Monument and Yosemite National Park are a dream come true in the slow season and some time in nature might just be what the psychiatrist ordered during these stressful times.
Look out for special deals and promotions
The travel industry is one of the many economic sectors being hit hard in light of COVID-19. Many conferences coming to San Francisco have been rescheduled and many flights from China have been paused. The lack of visitors not only means less crowds but also the opportunity to find great promotions or discounts on anything from flights to hotel rooms and even tours. Here at Incredible Adventures we are currently offering the following deals to help you get out and explore the beauty of Northern California:
20% off all wine tours when booked before April 1st
Save 20% off your wine tour when you make your booking before April 1st. Travel anytime this year and use code WINE2020 at checkout. We will also waive the 6% booking fee when you call us directly to book! Discount applicable to the following:
10% off all winter tours departing from San Francisco
Get 10% off when you book a tour departing from San Francisco before June 1st. Use code IAWINTERWONDERLAND at checkout. Call us to book and we will waive the service fees too.
Be sure to check our ‘Deals’ page for more.
We continue to welcome you to our city and wish you safe and healthy travels.
-From all of us here at Incredible Adventures