See the inspiring views of Bryce Canyon National Park at sunset
See amazing waterfalls and steep canyons in Yellowstone National Park
See the astounding heights of the Rocky Mountains
See the technicolor Rainbow Pools Hot Springs in Yellowstone
Yellowstone & Rocky Mountain Explorer Camping Tour
On your seven days on the road, you’ll see:
Camp overnight with the group (most gear included)!
Retail price: $1009 adult*
Web price: $999 adult*
Internet savings: $10
*Adult rate is 7+ years old. Posted rates are subject to annual changes – please see booking page for exact pricing for your desired date.
Las Vegas – Bryce – Salt Lake City – Grand Tetons – Yellowstone National Park – Rocky Mountains – Snow Canyon – Las Vegas
Immerse yourself in the amazing desert and mountain landscapes of the National Parks of Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming. See the parks’ picturesque views and hike the rugged trails on this amazing week-long guided camping adventure!
Weather permitting. Some activities are not accessible in extreme weather or due to road closures. Every attempt will be made to find comparable activities if these options are not available during your trip.
Yellowstone & Rocky Mountains Camping Tour (LV)
|Tours:||Select Sundays June-September. (click HERE for winter 3-day tour)|
|Departs:||8:00 am pickup from the Super 8 Las Vegas Strip|
|Duration:||7 days/6 nights|
|Transport:||Comfortable transport aboard a mini-coach (small groups; average 14 guests)|
|Activities:||Hiking, Camping, Photography, Camp cookout, Wildlife & Nature|
|Includes:||Complimentary pick up/drop off from the Super 8 hotel (4250 Koval Ln)
Experienced, fun, and knowledgeable Tour Guide
Transportation in a modern 14 passenger tour bus/ SUV or minivan (fully air conditioned)
6 light breakfasts*, 7 deli style lunches, 6 dinners
Camping accommodation – use of a two person tent and foam sleeping pad if camping option selected.
Incredible wildlife viewing opportunities
|Not Included:||$110 local food/hotel kitty to cover camping meals and one night hotel stay in Salt Lake City – payable at tour pickup.
Visit the Grizzly bear and Wolf Discovery Center approx $10 per
person. Book this option with your tour guide.
Gratuities not included (15% suggested)
PLEASE READ: Our terms/conditions and cancellation policy
Sample Itinerary – Day 1
|Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon
National Park via Cedar Breaks:
|A beautiful drive today takes us to a 10,000 ft summit through Cedar Breaks for spectacular views of ancient lava flows and the Sevier River Valley below.
Arriving in Bryce Canyon National park in time for a delicious rim side picnic lunch you will have a full afternoon of hiking. Choose a relaxing stroll along the rim of the world famous Amphitheatre or hike deep into the depths of the canyon and get up close and personal
with the hoodoos that make up this unique landscape. Take in a ranger program and learn the geology of this fascinating and thrilling park.
Spend the evening around a campfire and enjoy a soak in the outdoor hot tub under the stars after a tasty all American BBQ.Camp RUBY’s INN CAMPGROUND Bryce City.
Sample Itinerary – Day 2
|Bryce Canyon National Park to Salt Lake City:||This morning takes us North to Salt Lake City Utah, home to the tabernacle choir, for an afternoon of exploring Mormon Pioneer history. Enjoy magnificent Salt Lake Mormon Temple and see the State Capital Building and founder Brigham Young’s Territorial Governor’s Mansion.
Hotel Shilo Inn or similar
Sample Itinerary – Day 3
|The Grand Tetons Mountain Range rises above a scene rich with abundant wildlife, pristine lakes, and spectacular mountain peaks. Take a walk to Inspiration Point or enjoy a scenic stroll around Jenny Lake while gazing up in awe at the surrounding landscape. Have a picnic, spot and moose or even a grizzly bear and enjoy the serenity of this remarkable place.
Camp Snake River KOA or similar
Sample Itinerary – Day 4
|Yellowstone National Park:||The crown jewel of the National Parks! The world’s first national park. A mountain wilderness, home to grizzly bears, wolves, and herds of buffalo and elk. Visit Old Faithful and the Grand Prismatic Pool, Yellowstone Canyon, explore geysers throughout both the North and South loop. Spend two days exploring this huge and fascinating national park with your expert Guide. Don’t forget your bathing suit for a soak in Mammoths natural hot springs!
Camp West Yellowstone or similar
Sample Itinerary – Day 5
|Yellowstone National Park:||Continue to discover Yellowstone with your guide. Go on hikes ranging from easy to moderate and 2 to 5 miles (3 to 8 km) in length, and see more spectacular volcanic features. Your guide will tailor hikes to your group’s abilities and interests.
Camp West Yellowstone or similar
Sample Itinerary – Day 6
|Yellowstone National Park and Rocky Mountains:||Get up close and personal with some wildlife with a fun and educational visit to the Yellowstone Grizzly Bear and Wolf Discovery Center this morning. This afternoon get ready for more spectacular Rocky Mountain scenery. With three major canyons, the Provo Lake Region offers phenomenal views of the Rockies, fantastic walks and is the perfect spot for some lake side fun and a last night BBQ blow out!
Camp Rocky Mountains
Sample Itinerary – Day 7
|Snow Canyon to Las Vegas:||En route back to the bright lights of Sin City, explore the trails and dunes of beautiful Snow Canyon state park. Surrounded by ancient lava flows and red Navajo sandstone this state park is a real treat. Your 7-day camping trip to some of America’s most beloved national parks concludes in Las Vegas in late afternoon.|
**Sample Itineraries: Please note that due to rapidly-changing conditions beyond our control (weather, crowds, traffic) and the small size of our vehicles/groups, we allow our guides the flexibility to tailor your itinerary to best suit the needs of the group. While we guarantee that we’ll do our best to provide you with all of the highlights within this itinerary (conditions permitting), we do not guarantee them in this specific order. **
- You have booked a camping tour. (Yes this means tents!) With the help of you tour guide you will put them up and take them down.
- The following items are included with your tour cost:
- Foam sleeping mat, use of a two person tent (if you are a solo traveler you will be paired with a tent partner of the same gender)
- Upon payment of your local $110 food/hotel kitty we include breakfast. They’re light breakfasts: muffin, fruit or cereal with tea or coffee.
- Upon payment of your local $110 food/hotel kitty we include evening meals: your tour guide will suggest menus and help shop for food items. Meals are cooked in camp as a communal effort. You will be expected to help.
- Upon payment of your local $110 food kitty we do provide sandwich style lunches: you make your own from our pre-shopped fresh ingredients (vegetarians can be accommodated).
- We suggest you bring the following items:
- 3 season sleeping bag, travel pillow, travel towel, flashlight, sunscreen, sunhat, rainproof jacket (just in case), walking shoes, a warm sweater for the evenings, swimsuit.
- We do not provide water on this tour, as a member of the International Eco Tourism Society we encourage our guests to bring a refillable container. This may be as simple as a plastic 1 liter bottle purchased from any convenience store. You may refill this every time we make a comfort stop and we will happily recycle it for you at the end of you tour if you wish.
- There are many opportunities for walks and hikes on this tour. Not all walks are guided. Your Tour Leader will advise and make recommendations for walks to suit your ability and interest.
- Camera & charger
- Sneakers or hiking boots (mountain hiking can be hard on unsupported ankles)
- Comfortable hiking clothes (shorts & T-shirt)
- Change of clothes for 7 days
- Swimwear, sandals
- Toiletries, towel
- Bug repellent spray
- Sun protection, hat
- Water bottle
- Travel Pillow
- 3-season sleeping bag
- Waterproof jacket
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Warm layers (evenings can be cooler)
Early Spring/Late Fall:(additionally)
- Hiking boots or durable sneakers (preferably Gortex or waterproof)
- Warm layers