Why We Love this Hotel
“Wawona lodge is perfect for those who have their own transportation and don’t mind staying outside of Yosemite Valley. In exchange for staying outside the most populated area of the park, you’ll enjoy fewer crowds and the serenity of being surrounded by miles of wilderness. Not to forget- the preserved Victorian details make for a charming atmosphere.”
- One of California’s original mountain resorts from 1856
- Situated nearby Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias
- Be transported to another era with the lodge’s Victorian charm
- Located in a quieter area of the park surrounded by wilderness
* Rates based on double occupancy, and may vary seasonally. Child rates may be available. Please see booking page for exact rates for your chosen tour date and options.
Wawona Hotel – formerly Big Trees Lodge
Prices start at $260 single/double occ*
- April 1, 2019 – December 1, 2019
- December 13, 2019 – January 5, 2020
Intimate Victorian Charm
One of California’s original mountain resort hotels, the Victorian-era Wawona Hotel was originally established in 1856. Situated 27 miles (16.5 km) from Yosemite Valley on Highway 41, this National Historic Landmark is near the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias and the Pioneer History Center.
Accommodations consist of 50 standard hotel rooms with private bath and 54 standard hotel rooms with shared bathrooms. The hotel dining room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In the evening, wind down your fun-filled day by gathering around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Seasonal amenities include a nine-hole golf course, a swimming pool, and riding stables.
Comprised of six whitewashed Victorian buildings, the Wawona Hotel rooms feature antique furnishings and authentic period decor.
Wawona Hotel Features
- Summer Saturday Night Barbeque
- Golf course on property
- Pioneer Yosemite History Center
- Hiking Trails
- Wawona Hotel Horse Stable
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- Beautiful dining room with a broad menu and wine list
- Conveniently located near The Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area for winter activities
- Nearby one of the few gas stations in Yosemite
- Grand verandas overlooking the fountain
- Cozy fireplace in the winter
- Sun Room with views of the pristine surroundings—ideal for group gatherings
- Manicured lawns are a prime location for an outdoor buffet, reception or barbeque and another ideal location for group gatherings
- Evenings with Musical Performances
*Triple occupancy rates available. Prices subject to seasonality and day of week. Prices above include tax.
**March 2 – October 27**
– For cancellation more than 30 days in advance of departure, you will be charged 20% and be refunded the remainder of the amount paid.
– For cancellation less than 30 days in advance of departure and No-Shows, you will be charged 100% of the entire amount due.
**October 28 – March 1**
– For cancellation more than 15 days in advance of departure, you will be charged 20% and be refunded the remainder of the amount paid.
– For cancellation less than 15 days in advance of departure and No-Shows, you will be charged 100% of the entire amount due.
There are no reviews yet for this trip. Would you like to add one?