Incredible Adventures is HIRING!
About Incredible Adventures: Incredible Adventures is an environmentally-conscious outdoor travel company that offers small group tours in the Bay area and beyond – we specialize in Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, the California coast, Lake Tahoe and, new this year, the Pacific Northwest!
About our Team: We are an adventurous group who thrive on being in a casual and laid-back workplace that offsets our challenging and dynamic jobs. We love to travel and we are all huge advocates of preserving our natural resources through green business practices. All of our vehicles run on petroleum-free Biofuels and have a limited impact on the environment (Incredible Adventures is a certified SF Green Business).
We are always looking for qualified, inspired people to join our team! We currently have the following positions available:
- Tour Guide Part- and Full-Time (San Francisco – HIRING NOW)
- Reservations Specialist Part- and Full-Time (San Francisco – HIRING NOW)
Position Details: We are hiring guides! Incredible Adventures is looking for reliable, safety-driven, organized individuals with a desire for adventure. Guides should have a customer-service oriented disposition, a fun and outgoing attitude, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the country and the world. Experience is a plus, but not required. Safe driving skills are a must. Those interested must be able to attend our on-the-road training in San Francisco beginning in April 2018. While our goal is to hire people who are able to work year round, we will consider a certain amount of seasonal guides. We require our seasonal guides to commit to working for IA through October 27, 2018. High-performing leaders may have the opportunity to move into roles on our office team or work through the winter.
- A desire and ability to share your passion for the destinations we visit with each of our guests. be 23 years of age or older;
- have, or be able to obtain, a California class B commercial license with passenger endorsements (we will train the right candidate);
- be a safe, courteous driver;
- have a ‘clean’ short form DMV record (this goes back at least three years; 10 if you already possess or have possessed a commercial license – Form H6 from the DMV);
- have a great personality, like working closely with people from all backgrounds and have the ability to drive long distances in a day;
- have a smile and patience;
- have the ability to act professionally at all times, especially under pressure;
- attend our guide training in San Francisco beginning April 2018, and, if seasonal, work through Oct. 27, 2018. Winter work may be possible for the right candidate.
Abbreviated Job Responsibilities: Guides will pick-up and drop-off passengers at San Francisco hotels, provide informational narrative during the entire trip, work with the marketing team to promote our tours, collect payment and communicate with the office as necessary.
Compensation: Wages are per trip, with half day wages starting at $90 and full day wages ranging up to $265 per day, plus tips. Wages for overnight, multi-day tours are per trip and range from $275-$525, plus tips. Our experienced guides can bring home more than $400 a day, including tips. Unlike many other companies in the industry, we offer a comprehensive commercial driver’s license training program.
- Seasonal performance and safety bonuses available.
- Guides in good standing are invited to attend our IA End of Year Party at the end of October. Last year, the entire IA team took a party bus to a winery and celebrated a successful season in the capital city, Sacramento!
- Current holders of CDL class B licenses with passenger endorsement of more than 16 passengers may qualify for signing bonuses!
Minimum Qualifications (Please note, due to high volume of responses, candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will be rejected):
- At least 23 years of age
- A clean driving record
- Great communication skills
- High energy and excellent people skills
- Have (or be willing to obtain) a California Class B Commercial Driver’s license (will train the right candidate)
- Must be a safe, courteous driver and be able to pass IA’s driver’s training program, which includes the Smith System drivers training.
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
**Note: If asked to interview, applicants will be asked to provide a short form of their DMV record (last 3 years) which is available online for $2 (CA) or at your local DMV. A 10 year DMV record is required if you already possess or have possessed a commercial license – Form H6 from the DMV
For more information and to apply, visit our Recruitment Page and fill out the online form, or email a resume and cover letter to our Recruitment and Training Manager Josh Garber at with the title “Tour Guide Applicant”. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Position open until filled.
Customer Service Representative (HIRING NOW)
We are currently seeking a part- or full-time (3 to 5 8-hour shifts per week) Reservations Specialist to join our reservations and operations team. We are a liberal-minded group who thrive on being in a casual and laid back work place that offsets our challenging and dynamic jobs. Our office is open from 6:00am-9:00pm every day of the week. There are two CSR shifts per day that cover morning dispatch and nightly trip preparation. We are looking for a CSR who will commit to working a combination of early and late shifts, including at least one weekend shift.
- The ability to prioritize and manage several tasks during a shift.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to problem-solve with the confidence and ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on time-sensitive issues with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Answering phone calls and taking phone reservations for all of our sightseeing and camping trips.
- Taking email reservations from vendors and confirming online reservations with appropriate information.
- Follow up with Sales Leads, Inquiries and any questions that come in via email in a prompt and timely manner.
- Communicate with guides during their trips and relay information to the appropriate person (MOD or Fleet Coordinator, etc).
- Communicate with Fleet Coordinator or MOD about any van related concerns or issues, wash or move vans if appropriate (and you are licensed).
- Preparing trips for the next day by compiling paperwork needed and generating accurate manifests.
- Track space availability and move passengers to partner companies as needed.
- Double check all vendor reservations.
- Update the Shift Report, ongoing, throughout shift.
- Follow up with guests that do not have pick up times for their tours or that are going camping and have not confirmed diet and sleeping bag needs.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Report any damage or vehicle maintenance issues to the Fleet Coordinator.
- Properly collect and report sales commission information for sales from outside sources and Incredible Adventures employees.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Damian Boudreau at with the title “Reservations Specialist Applicant”. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
COMPENSATION: based on experience
Send applications to:
2095 Jerrold Ave #100
San Francisco, CA 94124
Fax: (415) 869-6626
Position open until filled