Incredible Adventures is making some changes to our Yosemite 1-day tour in order to add value to the trip and cut down on needless time in the vehicle. We understand that this is a big adjustment, and that you may have some questions in order to assure a smooth travel experience with us. Please refer to the information below.
*if you have any other questions, feel free to or give us a call at (415) 642-7378 and we’ll help you get things arranged.
Why are you consolidating the pickup locations on the Yosemite day trip?
- Less Waiting: We’ve listened to our guests’ feedback. By reducing the number of pickup and dropoff locations, passengers will no longer sit in the vehicle waiting for other passengers at up to 13 multiple pickup locations in the morning.
- Difficulty Navigating: As anyone who is familiar with San Francisco can attest, traffic in the city is often congested and, coupled with massive amounts of construction, it is increasingly difficult to drive in and around the city efficiently during morning commute times.
- Regulation Compliance: There are numerous state and local regulations creeping into San Francisco laws regarding driver/guides, as well as other federal regulations based on number of driving hours. Compliance in regard to these regulations is of utmost importance to Incredible Adventures.
- Less ‘Wait at the Gate’: The number of visitors to Yosemite National Park has increased exponentially over the last few years. In fact, nearly 6 million visitors came to the park last year – most of them in the busiest months of April – October. The later our trip leaves the city, the longer the ‘Wait at the Gate’ in Yosemite. This wait in the height of summer can sometimes be up to one hour! By implementing our new pickup system, we hope to reduce the gate wait time and beat the rest of the crowds into Yosemite.
- Most of all – we want our passengers to spend less time in the vehicle and more time enjoying the wonders of Yosemite!
Are you offsetting public or private transport costs?
Our new designated locations are located close to major areas of the city, and central to our most common pickup areas. We realize passengers might have to take public or private transportation to get to and from one of these locations. That’s why we’re eliminating the $10 fuel surcharge on each Yosemite 1-day reservation starting now. In fact, we’re removing the surcharge for all of our guests regardless if you choose to take transit to our pickup hotels.
Where and what time are your new pickups?
We have four pickups located at hotels at or near many of San Francisco’s most popular areas.
- Zone 1: Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf – Corner of Mason and North Point (6:20 a.m.) Covering north-west of Van Ness, Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach, Fort Mason
- Zone 2: Le Meridien – Battery Street Entrance (6:35 a.m.) Covering Financial District, Chinatown, Embarcadero
- Zone 3: San Francisco Marriott Union Square (6:50 a.m.) Covering Union Square, hotels west of Van Ness
- Zone 4: Holiday Inn Civic Center (7:10 a.m.) BART riders, SOMA area, Civic Center, AirBnB/Private residence, Caltrain riders, hotels south-west of Van Ness
- Zone 5: Dublin BART Station (7:45 a.m.) Oakland/Berkeley East bay or inland guests that don’t need to come into the city for pickup
How do I know where I should go for my pickup?
If you need assistance determining which of these locations would be best for you, please call our Customer Service number and our staff can help you out. If you’re making a new reservation, our system will automatically place you in the proper location based on the accommodations you enter during booking. A map link will be included in your confirmation to help you navigate to the pickup. If you’d like to choose a different option, just email us or give us a call and we’ll walk you through the options.
How early should I show up for my pickup?
In order to avoid traffic or other complications, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your pickup.
What happens if I’m running late?
If you’re running late and will not make it to your pickup location on time, please call our Customer Service Agents at (415) 642-7378 immediately.
How long will the guide wait at each pickup location?
Our guides have been instructed to depart at the time indicated at each pickup location. In the rare instance our guide is running late, he or she will not skip any pickup location.
What happens if I miss my pickup? Will the driver come back for me?
To ensure an on-time departure and the comfort of our other guests, our drivers will not return to any pickup location.
In the event you miss your pickup, please call our Customer Service number immediately and let them know your name and pickup location. If our guide has not completed the last pickup, you will receive instructions to meet up with the driver. If the driver has left the city, you will be listed as a no-show (subject to no-show and other cancellation policies).
What about dropoffs after the trip?
Guests should be prepared to transport as needed from their same pickup location. While we can’t guarantee that our drivers can drop off our guests at their hotels due to governmental driver hours regulations, when possible and on route, our drivers will make the effort to drop passengers off at their hotel.
We know this transition will take some adjustment, and we appreciate your patience and your assistance as we work to streamline our operations to provide the very best tours we can. Thank you, as always, for your partnership!