See the inspiring views of Bryce Canyon National Park at sunset
Picturesque rock formations in Monument Valley, Utah
See Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park
Landscape Arch is an astounding natural formation in Arches National Park
Grand Canyon National Park’s South Rim has breathtaking views!
Experience the dramatic colors of Bryce National Park
See the amazing rock formations of Arches National Park
Southwest Highlights 7-Day Camping Tour
On your seven days on the road, you’ll see:
Camp overnight with the group, or get a hotel room!
Retail price: $1009 adult*
Web price: $999 adult*
Internet savings: $10
*Adult rate is 7+ years old. Posted rates are for CAMPING. Additional hotel rooms or add-ons not included. Use the “UPGRADE Your Accommodations” tab below for lodging requests.
Las Vegas – Zion – Bryce – Arches – Canyonlands – Monument Valley – Antelope Canyon – Horseshoe Bend – Grand Canyon – Las Vegas
Enjoy our included Navajo guided jeep tour in iconic Monument Valley, experience the real Wild West, immerse yourselves in the amazing Utah landscapes of Zion and Bryce National Parks, take in a bird’s eye view of the Grand Canyon on an optional helicopter ride before headed back to the bright lights!
Weather permitting. Some activities are not accessible in extreme weather or due to road closures. Every attempt will be made to find comparable activities if these options are not available during your trip.
This tour runs select Sundays, May-October (click HERE for winter 3-day tours November-April).
Southwest Highlights Camping Tour (LV)
|Tours:||Select Sundays May-October.(click HERE for winter 3-day tour)|
|Departs:||8:00 am pickup from the Super 8 Las Vegas Strip|
|Duration:||7 days/6 nights|
|Transport:||Comfortable transport aboard a mini-coach (small groups; average 14 guests)|
|Activities:||Hiking, Camping, Photography, Camp cookout, Wildlife & Nature|
|Includes:||Complimentary pick up/drop off from the Super 8 hotel (4250 Koval Ln)
Experienced, fun, and knowledgeable Tour Guide
Transportation in a modern 14 passenger tour bus/ SUV or minivan (fully air conditioned)
5 light breakfasts*, 7 deli style lunches, 6 dinners*
*camping option ONLY
Accommodation camping or lodging – use of a two person tent and foam sleeping pad if camping option selected.
Navajo Guided Jeep tour of Monument Valley ($75 value)
Grand Canyon National Park at Sunset
|Not Included:||Local shared food kitty ($75 camping, $45 lodging) payable at pickup.
Optional Helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon (30-55 mins $220 -$350).
Slick Rock Sunset Hummer tour ($80-$100 per person)
Canyoneering ($100-$140 per person)
Antelope Canyon Tour ($45 per person, 1.5 hours)
Book these options with your tour guide.
Gratuities not included (15% suggested)
PLEASE READ: Our terms/conditions and cancellation policy
Choose between camping with the group, or upgrading to a hotel room nearby. All camping gear is provided for the camping option. Lodging is based on double-occupancy (couples or same-sex share).
prices start at $999 per passenger
prices start at $1695 double occ*
*per person, 2-passenger minimum. Additional supplement applies for single passengers.
PLEASE READ: Our terms/conditions and cancellation policy
** Tour Scheduling Tip: Accommodations in the National Parks are in very high demand (especially in the summer months), and space on this tour fills up fast! We recommend that you make your reservation far in advance of your intended travel date in order to secure the style of accommodations you want. If your intended accommodation is NOT available, we will try our best to help find something for you. Please note that accommodations in Monument Valley vary from rooms, houses or apartments and may be shared with other travelers on the same tour. All rooms have their own private bathroom. Please note that children aged 7-18 years old with be roomed with parents in a room with 2 queen beds. If your party is a total of 3 or 5 guests you will be in 1/2 triple rooms with two queen beds in each **
Sample Itinerary – Day 1
|Zion National Park:||Leaving the bright lights of Las Vegas behind us for a while we head out to Utah’s finest National Park. Massive canyon walls and red sandstone cliffs ascend toward a brilliant blue sky. Challenge yourself to what’s considered the best half day hike in the southwest by hiking
a narrow ridgeline to Angels Landing. Take it easy exploring the pristine Emerald pools or enjoy a river hike deep in the narrows before enjoying the quaint town of Springdale this evening.
All camping equipment provided. Lodging upgrade option available. Quality Inn or similar 1 night
Sample Itinerary – Day 2
|Bryce National Park:||A short drive today takes us to an elevation of 8000 ft into Bryce National Park. Take a stroll along the rim and marvel at the unique sandstone spires (hoodoos) that rise dramatically from the natural amphitheater. Hike down into the hoodoos for an up close and personal experience
with this fascinating landscape.
Hotel – Best Western or similar 1 night
Sample Itinerary – Days 3 & 4
|Arches and Canyonlands
|Explore this stunning landscape in a guided sunset hummer tour or hang of a sandstone cliff on one of our optional canyoneering adventures! Visit Arches National Park home to over 2000 arches for a hike up to Delicate Arch. Enjoy walks in Canyonlands National Park where the Green river meets the Colorado in some of the most spectacular scenery the southwest has to offer. Swap tales of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid who used the canyons to hide from the law in the late 1800’s, visit the local town and enjoy Utah’s greatest adventure capital.
Hotel – Best Western or similar 2 nights
Sample Itinerary – Day 5
|Monument Valley:||Headed south we wind our way through more of USA Southwest’s spectacular scenery to one of the most iconic locations on the planet. The background for many famous western movies and home to the Navajo Indians you are in for a real treat today. Hop onboard a 4X4 jeep and enjoy an included Navajo guide tour of Monument Valley.
Hotel – Historic Gouldings Lodge 1 night
Sample Itinerary – Day 6
|Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe
Bend, Grand Canyon national park
|Enjoy an optional visit to the world’s most famous slot canyon- Antelope Canyon ($40-$50 pp) this morning followed by a scenic walk to view Horseshoe Bend before heading to the Grand Canyon. Saving the best for last! After a brief visit to a Navajo trading post we follow the mighty
Colorado River through the painted desert to one of the seven natural wonders of the world! Take in a bird’s eye view on an optional helicopter ride, stroll along the rim at sunset, take a hike into the one of the deepest and most diverse canyons on earth or simply relax in one the rim cafes and admire the view.
Hotel- Red Feather Inn or similar 1 night.
Sample Itinerary – Day 7
|Route 66, Las Vegas:||We get our kicks at Route 66 and arrive back in Sin City in plenty of time to relax poolside before heading for the strip for a night out.|
**Sample Itineraries: Please note that due to rapidly-changing conditions beyond our control (weather, crowds, traffic) and the small size of our vehicles/groups, we allow our guides the flexibility to tailor your itinerary to best suit the needs of the group. While we guarantee that we’ll do our best to provide you with all of the highlights within this itinerary (conditions permitting), we do not guarantee them in this specific order. **
- Unless you have paid the upgrade to lodge accommodations you have booked a camping tour. (Yes this means tents!)- You will be expected to put them up and take them down with the help of your tour leader.
- If you are a solo traveler you will be paired with a tent or hotel room partner of the same gender unless single supplement has been paid.
- Upon payment of your local food kitty (payable to guide at tour check-in, $70 camp and $45 lodging) we include:
– 6 lite breakfasts (camp only): muffin, fruit or cereal with tea or coffee.
– 7 sandwich-style lunches: (all tour types – you make your own from our pre-shopped fresh ingredients and vegetarians are catered for)- 6 evening meals (camp only): your tour guide will suggest menus and help shop for food items. Meals are cooked in camp as a communal effort. You will be expected to help.
- We do not provide water on this tour, as a member of the International EcoTourism Society we encourage our guests to bring a refillable container. This may be as simple as a plastic 1 liter bottle purchased from any convenience store. You may refill this every time we make a comfort stop and we will happily recycle it for you at the end of your tour if you wish.
- There are many opportunities for walks and hikes on this tour. Not all walks are guided. Your Tour Leader will advise and make recommendations for walks to suit your ability and interest.
- Due to varying hours of sunlight throughout the year you may be offered a sunrise jeep tour in Monument Valley- for most this is the highlight of their tour. Your tour leader will advise you if this is a possibility on your tour.
- Camera & charger
- Sneakers or hiking boots (mountain hiking can be hard on unsupported ankles)
- Comfortable hiking clothes (shorts & T-shirt)
- Change of clothes for 7 days
- Swimwear, sandals
- Toiletries, towel
- Bug repellent spray
- Sun protection, hat
- Water bottle
- Travel Pillow (if camping)
- 3-season sleeping bag (if camping)
- Waterproof jacket
- Flashlight or headlamp (optional)
- Warm layers (evenings can be cooler)
Early Spring/Late Fall:(additionally)
- Hiking boots or durable sneakers (preferably Gortex or waterproof)
- Warm layers