Take your time to walk around the island and see the old buildings
Take an audio tour through the cellblock
Visit Alcatraz Island and learn the history of “The Rock”
Feel the wind in your hair as you cross the Golden Gate Bridge
Hop on one of these double-decker buses from any one of their 20 stops!
Hop-on Hop-off San Francisco City Tour + ALCATRAZ NIGHT TOUR
This tour includes:
Retail price: $162 adult/$132 child*
Web price: $157 adult/$127 child*
Internet savings: $5
*Child rates are age 0-12.
The sky’s the limit on this San Francisco City Tour with Alcatraz Night Tour tickets. Take a fantastic tour of beautiful San Francisco, and use the hop-on hop-off buses to catch a ride up to the pier for your Alcatraz cruise (included)!
Your package also gives you access to several additional San Francisco tours (including a loop over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and back, and even a night tour by open-top bus to see the city’s lights)!
This comprehensive package has everything you need to navigate the city and see all the sights. But act now – Alcatraz is the #1 attraction in San Francisco and tickets sell out fast (especially in the summertime)!
PLEASE READ: Our terms/conditions and cancellation policy
Hop-on Hop-off SF City Tour with Alcatraz Night Tour
|Tours:||Hop-on hop-off buses run daily, 9am-5pm
Alcatraz tickets are arranged on Day 1 of the package.
|Departs:||Buses stop approx every 15-20 minutes.
Alcatraz departures vary (3:50pm~6:30pm on Day 1 )
|Transport:||Comfortable Double-Decker Motorcoach, Ferry to Alcatraz|
|Includes:||Alcatraz Island NIGHT Tour ticket (US$44.25 value)
Two Day hop on hop off ticket
Walking tours: Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman’s Wharf Barbary Coast
Panoramic Night Tour
1 Hour FREE Bike Rental with the purchase of 1 hour
Sausalito Tour Loop
Players Arcade & Grill – Pint and Game Play Tokens
Guide gratuity (optional)
On this tour you will learn about San Francisco’s different cultures, exciting architecture, beautiful nature, and of course the history from the early Spanish settlers to the Gold Rush and present day. The Hop-on hop-off bus is a great way for you to familiarize yourself with San Francisco or show visitors around without having to drive! You’ll see:
Buses run approximately every 20 minutes from 9am-5pm, starting at Stop 1 in Fisherman’s Wharf and stop 5 in Union Square. See the locations (and the approximate time of the first bus in the morning) below:
- Stop 1: Fisherman’s Wharf- Mason & Jefferson Street
- Stop 2: Fisherman’s Wharf- Holiday Inn Northpoint between Jones & Columbus
- Stop 3: Washington Square – Washington Square – Columbus & Jones St
- Stop 4: Financial District – Embarcadero Center – Corner of Clay and Battery
- Stop 5: Financial District- Ferry Building – Market St. between Stuart & Spear St
- Stop 6: Union Square South- Geary St across from Macy’s
- Stop 7: Union Square- Hilton Hotel – Corner of Mason & Ellis St
- Stop 8: Civic Center- Fulton St between Larkin & Hyde St
- Stop 9: Hayes Valley – SF Jazz Center – Corner of Fell & Franklin St
- Stop 10: Alamo Square- Corner of Fell & Pierce St
- Stop 11: Haight Ashbury- Haight & Shrader St
- Stop 12: Golden Gate Park- California Academy of Sciences
- Stop 13: Golden Gate Bridge – North Vista Point, main parking
- Stop 14: Palace of Fine Arts – Richardson & Francisco St
- Stop 15: The Marina Neighborhood- Lombard & Filmore St
- Stop 16: Lombard St Corridor- Lombard & Gough St
- Stop 17: Union Square North- Westin St. Francis – Post street & Powell
- Stop 18: Chinatown- Triton Hotel – Grant & Bush Street
- Stop 19: Portsmouth Square- Kearny & Clay St
- Stop 20: The Embarcadero- Pier 35 – Cruise Terminal
- Stop 21: Fisherman’s Wharf- Pier 39 (then return to Stop 1)
Your Alcatraz ticket will be arranged for the evening of the first day of your two day package (approximately 6:30pm).
Taking the ferry to Alcatraz will afford you amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco city skyline from the north. The vessel does a complete circle around the island before docking and includes a guide pointing out different sections/buildings on Alcatraz Island from a vantage point not seen during the day. When you land on the island, you’ll get a short history of Alcatraz, and then head up into the prison!
You’ll be equipped with an audio tour titled “Doing Time”, in which you’ll hear interviews from former inmates and learn more history about Alcatraz (available in 11 languages). The Alcatraz Night Tour also includes special interpretive tours and access to areas of the island that are closed during the day.
You may explore for as long as you want (the ferry departs for the mainland approximately every 30-40 minutes). The tour generally takes people about two and a half hours. Don’t forget your jacket – it can get chilly out on the bay!
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- The tour is approximately 2.5 hours.
Alcatraz tickets are subject to limited availability, so book your tickets today!