Take your time to walk around the island and see the old buildings
Take an audio tour through the cellblock
Visit Alcatraz Island and learn the history of “The Rock”
Feel the wind in your hair as you cross the Golden Gate Bridge
Hop on one of these double-decker buses from any one of their 20 stops!
Hop-on Hop-off San Francisco City Tour + ALCATRAZ NIGHT TOUR
This tour includes:
Retail price: $157.50 adult/$117.50 child*
Web price: $152.50 adult/$112.50 child*
Internet savings: $5
*Child rates are age 0-12.
The sky’s the limit on this San Francisco City Tour with Alcatraz Night Tour tickets. Take a fantastic tour of beautiful San Francisco, and use the hop-on hop-off buses to catch a ride up to the pier for your Alcatraz cruise (included)!
Your package also gives you access to several additional San Francisco tours (including a loop over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and back, and even a night tour by open-top bus to see the city’s lights)!
This comprehensive package has everything you need to navigate the city and see all the sights. But act now – Alcatraz is the #1 attraction in San Francisco and tickets sell out fast (especially in the summertime)!
PLEASE READ: Our terms/conditions and cancellation policy
Hop-on Hop-off SF City Tour with Alcatraz Night Tour
|Tours:||Hop-on hop-off buses run daily, 9am-5pm
Alcatraz tickets are arranged on Day 1 of the package.
|Departs:||Buses stop approx every 15-20 minutes.
Alcatraz departures vary (3:50pm~6:30pm on Day 1 )
|Transport:||Comfortable Double-Decker Motorcoach, Ferry to Alcatraz|
|Includes:||Alcatraz Island NIGHT Tour ticket (US$42.50 value)
Two Day hop on hop off ticket
Walking tours: Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman’s Wharf Barbary Coast
Panoramic Night Tour
1 Hour FREE Bike Rental with the purchase of 1 hour
Sausalito Tour Loop
Players Arcade & Grill – Pint and Game Play Tokens
Guide gratuity (optional)
On this tour you will learn about San Francisco’s different cultures, exciting architecture, beautiful nature, and of course the history from the early Spanish settlers to the Gold Rush and present day. The Hop-on hop-off bus is a great way for you to familiarize yourself with San Francisco or show visitors around without having to drive! You’ll see:
Buses run approximately every 20 minutes from 9am-5pm, starting at Stop 1 in Fisherman’s Wharf and stop 5 in Union Square. See the locations (and the approximate time of the first bus in the morning) below:
- Stop 1: Fisherman’s Wharf- Mason @ Jefferson Street (First Bus: 9am)
- Stop 2: Fisherman’s Wharf- Taylor @ Beach Street (First Bus: 9:03am)
- Stop 3: Washington Square – Columbus @ Union Street- southwest corner (First bus: 9:08am)
- Stop 4: Financial District – Clay and Battery- northeast corner (First bus: 9:15am)
- Stop 5: Union Square- Geary @ Stockton/Powell, across from Macys (First Bus: 9am)
- Stop 6: Hilton Hotel – Mason @ Ellis Streets (First Bus: 9:09am)
- Stop 7: Civic Center- Asian Art Museum on Larkin Street (First Bus: 9:17am)
- Stop 8: Fulton Street- @ Inn at the Opera on Fulton @ Franklin Street (First Bus: 9:21am)
- Stop 9: Alamo Square – Fell @ Divisadero Street across from 76 station (First Bus: 9:28am)
- Stop 10: Haight & Ashbury- Stanyan @ Haight Street- across from McDonalds (First Bus: 9:35am)
- Stop 11: Golden Gate Park- Music Concourse* in front of Academy of Sciences (First Bus: 9:42am)
*Sunday- stops on corner of Lincoln and 9th – northwest corner (First Bus: 9:42am)
- Stop 12: Golden Gate Bridge – South Vista Point, main parking (First Bus: 9:52am)
- Stop 13: Golden Gate Bridge – North Vista Point, main parking (First Bus: 10:00am)
- Stop 14: Palace of Fine Arts – Richardson @ Francisco Street (First Bus: 10:07am)
- Stop 15: Lombard and Fillmore Street – southwest corner (First Bus: 10:10am)
- Stop 16: Lombard and Gough Street- southeast corner (First Bus: 10:12am)
- Stop 17: Union Square – Post street @ Powell – In front of Westin St. Francis (First Bus: 10:22am)
- Stop 18: Gates to Chinatown – Grant @ Bush Street – In front of Triton Hotel (First Bus: 10:27am)
- Stop 19: Steuart Street – between Mission/Howard in front of Harbor Court Hotel (First Bus: 10:32am)
- Stop 20: Pier 39, the Embarcadero (First Bus: 10:42am)
Your Alcatraz ticket will be arranged for the evening of the first day of your two day package (approximately 6:30pm).
Taking the ferry to Alcatraz will afford you amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco city skyline from the north. The vessel does a complete circle around the island before docking and includes a guide pointing out different sections/buildings on Alcatraz Island from a vantage point not seen during the day. When you land on the island, you’ll get a short history of Alcatraz, and then head up into the prison!
You’ll be equipped with an audio tour titled “Doing Time”, in which you’ll hear interviews from former inmates and learn more history about Alcatraz (available in 11 languages). The Alcatraz Night Tour also includes special interpretive tours and access to areas of the island that are closed during the day.
You may explore for as long as you want (the ferry departs for the mainland approximately every 30-40 minutes). The tour generally takes people about two and a half hours. Don’t forget your jacket – it can get chilly out on the bay!
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- The tour is approximately 2.5 hours.
Alcatraz tickets are subject to limited availability, so book your tickets today!