Take your time to walk around the island and see the old buildings
Take an audio tour through the cellblock
Visit Alcatraz Island and learn the history of “The Rock”
Feel the wind in your hair as you cross the Golden Gate Bridge
Hop on one of these double-decker buses from any one of their 20 stops!
Hop-on Hop-off San Francisco City Tour PLUS ALCATRAZ
This tour includes:
Retail price: $155 adult/$125 child*
Web price: $150 adult/$120 child*
Internet savings: $5
*Child rates are age 0-12.
The sky’s the limit on this San Francisco City Tour with Alcatraz tickets. Take a fantastic tour of beautiful San Francisco, and use the hop-on hop-off buses to catch a ride up to the pier for your Alcatraz cruise (included)!
Your package also gives you access to several additional San Francisco tours (including a loop over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and back, and even a night tour by open-top bus to see the city’s lights)!
This comprehensive package has everything you need to navigate the city and see all the sights. But act now – Alcatraz is the #1 attraction in San Francisco and tickets sell out fast (especially in the summertime)!
PLEASE READ: Our terms/conditions and cancellation policy
Hop-on Hop-off San Francisco City Tour with Alcatraz
|Tours:||Hop-on hop-off buses run daily, 9am-5pm
Alcatraz tickets are arranged on Day 1 of the package.
|Departs:||Buses stop approx every 15-20 minutes.
Alcatraz: mid-day departures (11am~2pm, depending on the day)
|Transport:||Comfortable Double-Decker Motorcoach, Ferry to Alcatraz|
|Includes:||Alcatraz Island Tour ticket (US$37.25 value)
Two Days hop on hop off ticket
Walking tours: Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman’s Wharf, Barbary Coast
Panoramic Night Tour
Sausalito Tour Loop
1 Hour FREE Bike Rental with the purchase of 1 hour
Players Arcade & Grill – Pint and Game Play Tokens
Guide gratuity (optional)
On this tour you will learn about San Francisco’s different cultures, exciting architecture, beautiful nature, and of course the history from the early Spanish settlers to the Gold Rush and present day. The Hop-on hop-off bus is a great way for you to familiarize yourself with San Francisco or show visitors around without having to drive! You’ll see:
Buses run approximately every 20 minutes from 9am-5pm, starting at Stop 1 in Fisherman’s Wharf and stop 5 in Union Square. See the locations (and the approximate time of the first bus in the morning) below:
- Stop 1: Fisherman’s Wharf- Mason & Jefferson Street
- Stop 2: Fisherman’s Wharf- Holiday Inn Northpoint between Jones & Columbus
- Stop 3: Washington Square – Washington Square – Columbus & Jones St
- Stop 4: Financial District – Embarcadero Center – Corner of Clay and Battery
- Stop 5: Financial District- Ferry Building – Market St. between Stuart & Spear St
- Stop 6: Union Square South- Geary St across from Macy’s
- Stop 7: Union Square- Hilton Hotel – Corner of Mason & Ellis St
- Stop 8: Civic Center- Fulton St between Larkin & Hyde St
- Stop 9: Hayes Valley – SF Jazz Center – Corner of Fell & Franklin St
- Stop 10: Alamo Square- Corner of Fell & Pierce St
- Stop 11: Haight Ashbury- Haight & Shrader St
- Stop 12: Golden Gate Park- California Academy of Sciences
- Stop 13: Golden Gate Bridge – North Vista Point, main parking
- Stop 14: Palace of Fine Arts – Richardson & Francisco St
- Stop 15: The Marina Neighborhood- Lombard & Filmore St
- Stop 16: Lombard St Corridor- Lombard & Gough St
- Stop 17: Union Square North- Westin St. Francis – Post street & Powell
- Stop 18: Chinatown- Triton Hotel – Grant & Bush Street
- Stop 19: Portsmouth Square- Kearny & Clay St
- Stop 20: The Embarcadero- Pier 35 – Cruise Terminal
- Stop 21: Fisherman’s Wharf- Pier 39 (then return to Stop 1)
You can use the double-decker buses to get to the pier for your cruise, and to get back to your hotel afterward! Your Alcatraz ticket will be arranged for the early afternoon of the first day of your two day package (approximately 2pm).
Taking the ferry to Alcatraz will afford you amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco city skyline from the north. When you land on the island, you’ll get a short history of Alcatraz, and then head up into the prison! You’ll be equipped with an audio tour titled “Doing Time”, in which you’ll hear interviews from former inmates and learn more history about Alcatraz.
You may explore for as long as you want (the ferry departs for the mainland approximately every 30-40 minutes). The tour generally takes people about two and a half hours. Don’t forget your jacket – it can get chilly out on the bay!
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm
Alcatraz tickets are subject to limited availability, so book your tickets today!